Chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms and shallots
- 1tbsp olive oil/2 shallots/8 small mushrooms finely chopped
- 25g/1oz cream cheese
- 6 thin slices of Streaky bacon
- 2tbsp chopped parsley/1tbsp chopped basil
- 125g/4oz soft butter/ squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 chicken breast fillets, with skin
- White wine for cooking
- Gently fry shallots in the olive oil until softened, but not browned. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until reduced and softened.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, adding cheese and half of parsley. Season and mix well.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Now make herb butter. Beat 2oz butter until soft, and then add remaining parsley, lemon juice, basil and season.
- Transfer onto a sheet of greaseproof paper; shape into a cylinder in the paper. Chill until firm.
- Carefully cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast.
- Spoon the chilled stuffing in the pocket. Secure the stuffing by wrapping a piece of streaky bacon tightly around each chicken breast.
- Lay the chicken, in a roasting dish, pour a little white in the base of the dish.
- Brush with remaining butter, cover with grease proof season and roast at 180C for 20-25 mins, until cooked right through.
- Cut herb butter into thin slices and place on top of chicken breasts. Garnish with fresh parsley and basil. Delicious!