Pesto Pastry Canapes
Makes approx 28
- 1 pack ready to roll pastry (Saxby’s or Jus-Rol)
- Tub of basil pesto (Tesco fresh pesto is good)
- 14 cherry tomatoes – on the vine are great ones to use!
- 14 asparagus tips, sliced in half lengthways
- Heat oven to 200C. Flour the work surface and roll the pastry.
- Cut the pastry into 2in squares or use a circular cutter, if you prefer.
- Spread each piece with ½ teaspoon of pesto.
- Top with half a cherry tomato, cut side up, then an asparagus tip.
- Finish with another blob of pesto and a grind of pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the pastry has puffed up and is golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve, delicious!