Italian flat bread
- 1lb/450g strong white flour
- 1oz/25g fresh yeast or 1 sachet easy-blend yeast
- 4tbsp olive oil and 1tsp salt
- About 8fl oz/225ml warm water
- Olive oil/sea salt/fresh rosemary
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Add dried yeast to the flour.
- Stir in the olive oil and most of the water, adding more water if necessary to make a manageable dough.
- Turn on to floured worktop and knead for about 5mins until smooth and pliable.
- Return to mixing bowl and cover with a tea towel.
- Stand in a warm area or on the top of an aga simmering plate lid. Allow to rise until doubled in size for approx.30 mins.
- Knock back the dough, roll out to oblong and about 2cm thick and 12cmx30cm in size.
- Place on a greased and floured baking tray. Make indentations all over with the handle of a wooden spoon. Drizzle with oil, and scatter with the salt and rosemary.
- Bake for about 20-30mins at 180c or in the aga roasting oven on 3rd set of runners, until risen and golden. Serve.