- 4 eggs separated
- 4 dessert spoons caster sugar
- 400grms mascarpone cheese
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup of Crème de Framboise
- 500g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 300g raspberries
- 1 packet ladies fingers sponge Biscuits
- Cocoa Powder
- Mix the egg yolks and the sugar together until pale and thick.
- Beat in the mascarpone cheese and vanilla essence
- Whisk the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
- Dip the sponge biscuits into the liqueur and arrange half the biscuits in a dish (approx 10” diameter) to cover the bottom.
- Spoon over half the cheese mixture, then a layer of chopped fruit.
- Then another layer of biscuits, then the rest of the cheese, then chopped fruit.
- Leave overnight in the fridge.
- To serve, sprinkle generously with cocoa powder or icing sugar.