Leek, brie and pinenut tart (Croustade)
- 10oz/275g brown breadcrumbs
- 1-2 cloves garlic, to taste, skinned and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 medium leeks, trimmed and washed
- 1 large egg and 2 egg yolks
- ½ pint single cream
- 2 oz pine nuts, seasoning and nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix together base ingredients thoroughly, and then press firmly around the sides and base of a 9inch/23cm oven proof flan dish. Bake for 20mins, or until crust is slightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Make the filling. Heat the oil and sauté the sliced leeks until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon leeks over tart base, arrange Brie among them evenly.>
- In a bowl beat the eggs, cream and seasoning together, and pour over the leeks and Brie.
- Scatter with the pine nuts, and then bake for approx. 25 mins, or until centre no longer wobbles.
- Serve warm with lightly dressed watercress.
- This tart may be reheated at a gentle temperature