Asian-style tuna steaks
- 8 Tuna Steaks, about 1.5cm thick
- 2x20g pack of fresh coriander, 2large chillies, deseeded
- 4 shallots, finely sliced, 2tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest of 3 limes, 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 6tbsp of lemon grass in sunflower oil
- 4tbsp of Ketjap Manis (Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce)
- Roughly chop the coriander, reserving a little for garnishing. In a bowl mix the chopped coriander with the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Rub this mixture over the tuna steaks, ( be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after, to avoid a chilli burn!).
- Place steaks in a non-metallic shallow dish and allow to marinate for up to 30 mins.
- Preheat the oil in a griddle or frying pan (delicious on the barbecue also).
- Cook for 2-3 mins on either side. These steaks are delicious served pink on the inside. Garnish with coriander.